Career Support Resources
UCSF Alumni Database: Log in to Box to access
Job search or fellowship timelines:
- Fellowship Timeline – see Fellowship Application Guide for detailed outline of month-by-month to-dos!
- Non-traditional Career Timeline
- Primary Care or Hospitalist Timeline
Creating a cover letter or CV:
- General tips & guidelines to cover letters and CVs
- Example Cover Letters:
- Example CV’s:
- Powerpoint on negotiation
- Additional negotiation tips
- Negotiation article from Dr. Berman
- Youtube video on negotiation from University of Pittsburgh SOM
Finding a Job: tips/pearls sheet
- Career Night 2018 (see Box folder for panelists, Kaiser Community Health fellowship information, and Open Door FQHC clinic information!)
- Local part-time post-residency jobs (thanks to Katie Mak for creating this list!)
- Job Opportunities: Check out this folder to view job opportunities in primary care
- Professional societies job postings:
- Other resources: Chief of Medicine at programs of interest, local recruiters, National Health Service Corp Health Workforce Connector, alumni network (see above)!
Fellowship Application Resources:
Scholarship and Funding Opportunities:
- Young Scholars in GIM Program:
- The Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship is a program for residents and medical students that provides scholarships to support the registration fee to the 2018 SGIM Annual Meeting.
- Up to 25 scholarships are available this year. The deadline to apply is February 9th at 12:00 PM Eastern.
- Kaiser Community Medicine and Urban Health Fellowship
- UCSF HEAL Initiative
- CalHealthCares Loan Repayment – application due 4/26/19